Life goes on as normal

Work, home, friends, family. The routine of everyday life.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I've got a new job!

Two weeks ago I began a new job as an Analyst with the Department of Treasury and Finance in Melbourne. It's basically doing similar work to what I did about two years ago when I last worked there. Mostly it's policy/report/document writing work (a little bit of project management skills being used) but I should be doing some financial analysis work soon too. I'm glad I was able to get the work because it means earning twice as much as I was in the previous job.

Before this new job I was working at a milk factory. The best things there were that it was very close to home, I had no stress at all, and there was free milk everyday! Woohoo! On the downside the money wasn't that great, the work was monotonous, and the coolroom was soooo cold....brrrr. They were nice people there tho, especially on nightshift.

With my new job I now have a routine where I cook meals every week and freeze portions - so that makes lunches easy to take to work. On the train ride I spend the morning trip doing written exercises in German and then in the evening listen to german radio podcasts. It actually makes the train trips quite interesting because I'm learning something new everyday.

Sometimes I will probably even post a blog or two in German, for those friends who can read German :-) It'll be good practice for me too.

Well, till the next update keep smiling! :-D

1 comment:

me said...

knock knock, just want to say hello. I hope you keep up publishing some stories every now and then. Actually that doesn't really matter, coz I will look at the website almost every day anyway :)
cheers
sebastian