Life goes on as normal

Work, home, friends, family. The routine of everyday life.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sore legs!

Last week I visited my aunt and cousins near Augsburg. I helped my aunt in the garden mowing the lawn and cutting the hedge. One night we all sat together to have a great meal with asparagus - its asparagus season at the moment so everyone is on this asparagus wagon. Was very tasty though. Another night we went to my aunts boyfriend's place for Father's Day (that was last Thursday 17 May) and met his kids, grandkids and great grandkids. Was a nice evening, a late evening, and a little too much to drink :-P

The weekend just gone was spent with Mum's cousin in Berchtesgaden where my Oma lived. It's a beautiful place in the Summertime, without snow (I only know the place in Wintertime with snow everwhere) - lots of green and flowers in bloom. We walked up two different mountains on two different days, and then walked to the Obersee after a boat ride on the Königssee. My legs and feet were sore from walking so much and not being used to it. I managed though. On one of the walks there were fallen trees all over the track so we spent an hour longer on our walk climbing over the trees and finding the path again.

Today I am being chauffeur for my cousin, and tomorrow I think I will need to be more serious about looking for a job! A little bit of boredom setting in is also helping boost the motivation to get a job. I applied for one last week, but didnt hear anything back. Hopefully I can earn some money while I'm here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I can feel your leg pain myself.... Sunnie and I are going to play squash tonight, the first time we have played in at least a year, probably even longer.

Cheers
Ben