Life goes on as normal

Work, home, friends, family. The routine of everyday life.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Found a job...

Hmmm, well, I have finally started a job hear in Germany although its not exactly a dream job. It's a job as a telephone interviewer for a market research company. So I'm basically sitting at a computer ringing people and annoying them with dumb questions about what drinks they like, what bank brands they know and who knows what else.

The worst part about the job is not the fact I dont like the idea of annoying people in their homes (we all know how very annoying it is!) but the fact I have a bit of trouble reading the German words to ask the questions. Its rather embarassing to talk to people reading text like a 12 year old would read a book out loud. The supervisor gave me some feedback saying I sounded sad on the phone and need to add more pep to my voice. Hmmm, we'll see how I go with it.

Maybe I'll find another job that's a bit better in the near future. We'll see.

My German course finishes in a week's time which is sad because I really enjoy it. The other class members are all really nice people, and many of them will also be doing the next course with me too.

No comments: