Life goes on as normal

Work, home, friends, family. The routine of everyday life.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Train swap.

This morning I went to work as usual on the train. When the train arrived at one of the stops the driver announced that the train was delayed because of an "incident" at the station, and would be going shortly. Well, shortly can mean anything from a minute to an hour! So many passengers got off the train and boarded the one on the platform opposite which was also going into the city. Of course as soon as everyone made the train swap, the first train moved on, while our new train stayed still. Great! Now we are in a train behind the first one......but wait.....

....then I realised that this new train was going to go express part of the way, so would overtake the first train, which it did. Then it didn't go through the city loop like normal, it went straight to Flinders Street which worked out better for me anyway. I was having breakfast with a friend, AY, which was only a couple of blocks from there.

Then on the way home on the train I had an annoying young bloke singing out loud (well to himself, but loud enough for me to hear even though I had my headphones on!) next to me. Then he decided to lean against the seat I was in (he was standing) and basically also leaning on me!! Why me!!??!! I had to ask myself. He didn't seem to care even though I looked at him a couple of times to hint he should move a bit away. Didn't work, but I made it home.

Tonight we went out for dinner at Limor's Restaurant for my Kai Ma's birthday (Kai Ma means Godmother in Malaysian) - she's 50!! Happy birthday Kai Ma!! It was a big meal with great friends, and my parents were there too. It was a great night with plenty of food and laughs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like fun on the train!!
I heard that it was a great bday party night!