Life goes on as normal

Work, home, friends, family. The routine of everyday life.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Tribute to Oma...

On 30 September 2006 Mum, Dad, Oma Z. and I went to the William Rickett's Sanctuary to remember my Oma K. who recently passed away. It was a place that is special because she introduced it to my parent's on one of her visits to Australia. It was a very fitting thing to do - and very peaceful and beautiful.

Later in the day Mum and I played Rummy, which Oma always loved to play. I won both games :-)

For dinner, Mum and I had sausages, mash potato (from a packet) and salad - like Oma used to make whenever I was there to visit. The packet mash isn't as good as the real thing - but that's how Oma made it, and it wasn't too bad. The sausages were about the only meat Oma ate occasionally too.

Later that night, I made pancakes. Oma always liked it when Dad would make pancakes in the evening. Yum yum!

The day was a fitting tribute to Oma, and co-incided with a family lunch being held in Germany on the same day.

No comments: